Unfortunately, the answer to this question is usually no. While it is technically possible that an iPhone can survive being dropped in a toilet, it is not likely. iPhones are designed to be sealed from damage from water, dust, and debris, but the pressure and damage of being dropped in a toilet are usually too much for them.
If an iPhone has been dropped in a toilet, it’s best to remove the battery and dry it off immediately. The water in a toilet is full of germs and other materials that can corrode internal components and damage the phone beyond repair.
Even if a phone looks dry after being dropped in a toilet, it is important to take it to a professional to have it checked and cleaned out, as the water can be trapped in small places and cause corrosion in the long run.
Table of Contents
What happens if you drop iPhone in toilet?
If you drop your iPhone into a toilet, it may cause serious, irreparable damage to your device. The water itself may short out the circuits and ruin the device, even if water only enters the device through the headphone jack or other openings.
If the iPhone falls into a toilet that contains cleaning chemicals or is a particularly deep toilet bowl, it could also cause water to rise further up and into the device, causing more damage. If the device was previously water-resistant and certified water-resistant, as many newer iPhones are, then it could survive being submerged in water for a certain length of time.
However, most toilet bowls contain microbes and debris that could be harmful to the device and potentially cause water damage to other parts of the phone that are not water-resistant. Therefore, it is not advisable to use a device that has been exposed to a toilet bowl.
Will my iPhone 11 be okay if I drop it in the toilet?
Unfortunately, dropping your iPhone 11 in the toilet may cause serious damage. Toilets contain bacteria and sewage residue that can cause serious corrosion on your iPhone 11’s components, including the battery and circuit boards.
Even if you took the phone out immediately and dried it off, the damage may have already been done and the phone may be permanently damaged. That said, you may be able to salvage your phone by avoiding power it on, immediately putting it in a ziplock bag of uncooked rice and replacing the battery within 24 hours if the battery begins to swell.
The important thing to remember is to try not to power on the device, as doing so can cause further damage to the existing circuitry of your iPhone 11.
How long do I leave my iPhone in rice?
When drying out an iPhone that has been exposed to water, it is recommended to leave it in a bowl of uncooked rice for 24-48 hours. If you have the time, leaving it in the rice for up to a week can be beneficial in helping to draw out the moisture.
Be sure to use dry and uncooked rice – not instant mashed potatoes or oatmeal – as these may contain other materials that could damage your phone. After 48-72 hours, remove your phone, check to make sure it is fully powered down, and gently clean off any grains of rice that may have adhered to it.
How do you dry out an iPhone that fell in the toilet?
If your iPhone has fallen in the toilet, it is important to act quickly to try and dry it out and save it. Here are the steps to follow:
1. Turn off your phone immediately.
2. Remove any protective cases and remove the SIM card, if you have one.
3. Gently remove any excess water from the exterior with a soft cloth.
4. Do not use a hair dryer or any other appliance to dry out the phone.
5. Place the phone in a container filled with uncooked rice, dried beans, or silica gel for 24 hours. The absorbing properties of the rice, beans, or silica gel will help suck the moisture out.
6. Take the phone out of the container after 24 hours and use a soft cloth to wipe off any excess moisture.
7. Replace the SIM card and reattach any protective cases.
8. Turn on the phone and keep an eye on it to make sure it is working. If it is not, take it to a technician to be looked at.
These steps should help remove any moisture and get your phone back to working order. It is important to follow them as quickly as possible in order to save your phone.
How long should I let my iPhone dry after dropping it in water?
It is highly recommended that after dropping your iPhone in a significant amount of water, you should allow it to dry for at least 24 hours. If your device was submerged in water for an extended period of time, it is even more important that you let your device dry for an extended period, preferably 48-72 hours.
During this time, you should avoid plugging your device into power and attempt to shake as much water out of it as possible. Following this amount of drying time, you should then attempt to turn your device on and observe any issues you may have.
If you find that your device is still not functioning properly, it is highly recommended that you bring your device into an Apple Service Center or Apple retailer for diagnostics and further assistance.
How long does it take for water to evaporate from iPhone?
Unfortunately, it is not possible to provide an exact answer to this question. The rate of evaporation of water from an iPhone will depend on many different factors, such as the temperature and humidity of the surrounding environment, the amount of water present on the device, how much airflow is present, and the amount of surface area exposed to the air.
Typically, it can take anywhere from several hours to several days for water to completely evaporate from an iPhone, depending on the circumstances. To speed up the process, it is best to disconnect any power and audio cords and allow the iPhone to dry in a warm, dry place with plenty of airflow.
Additionally, if possible, placing the device in direct sunlight will help to draw away some of the moisture more quickly.
Can I dry my phone with a hair dryer?
No, you should not use a hair dryer to try and dry your phone. Hair dryers produce powerful blasts of air which can actually push moisture further inside your phone, causing more permanent damage in the long run.
Instead, you should power off the phone and remove the battery, SIM card and any other removable parts. Next, using a cloth, gently dab the surface of your phone and parts to get rid of any excess moisture.
If possible, submerge your phone and parts in a bag of uncooked rice and leave it for 24 hours and this should draw out all the moisture from your electronic device.
How do you dry your phone out fast?
If your phone has been submerged in or exposed to any liquid, it is important to act quickly to dry out and save your phone.
1. The first step is to take out the battery, SIM card and any other removable parts, and put them separately in a dry place.
2. To remove any water that is still inside, you can use a vacuum cleaner or a compressed air canister, but make sure to hold the vacuum nozzle further away so that no liquid is sucked out.
3. Wipe the outside of your phone using soft tissue paper, but make sure not to dab or wipe too hard or it could damage the internal electrical circuits or the protective coating.
4. Take out the SIM card and the removable parts, put them in a bowl of uncooked white rice and leave them for at least 24 hours. This will absorb moisture from the inside of the parts.
5. Place your phone in a warm and dry area, such as a room that is not affected by direct sunlight or a humid environment. You should not put it in an oven or a microwave since these areas can create too much heat which can further damage the internal components of your phone.
6. Finally, turn on your phone to see if it works normally. If it does, it is safe to use. If not, please take it to a repair shop and get it fixed.
How do I know if my iPhone is completely dry?
To know if your iPhone is completely dry, you should first switch it off and remove any protective cases or accessories. Then, use a clean, absorbent cloth to gently dab off any remaining water. If you see any water coming out, you should continue to dab until all of the water is absorbed.
You should also inspect the ports and crevices on your device to make sure there are no droplets of water remaining in any of these areas. Finally, you should use a can of compressed air to blow out any remaining water residue from the device.
Once you think your iPhone is completely dry, turn it back on and give it 24 hours to fully dry. If your device is not functioning correctly after that time, it may be a sign that it’s still wet and needs further drying.
Is iPhone 11 is waterproof or not?
No, the iPhone 11 is not waterproof. It is rated IP68 which means it is dust, water, and splash resistant, but it should not be submerged in water or exposed to high pressure water for long periods of time.
Apple suggests avoiding contact with liquids, such as any kind of soap, detergent, acids and acidic foods, and any other substances that contain chemical. The iPhone 11 can withstand a certain amount of water exposure, but liquid damage is not covered under Apple’s warranty.
How do I get my iPhone to eject water?
If your iPhone has been exposed to water or liquid and is not functioning correctly, the first thing to do is turn the device off immediately and do not power it on again until you have attempted to dry it out.
Then, there are several steps you can take in order to try and remove any remaining water:
1. Remove any cases or covers from around the iPhone and set it on a flat surface.
2. Use a cloth or paper towel to pat down the outside of the phone and remove any visible moisture.
3. If you have one available, use a vacuum cleaner with a soft attachment to remove moisture from the headphone jack and charging port.
4. Place the device in a zip bag or container filled with uncooked rice and close the bag tightly. Leave the iPhone in the rice for at least 48 hours to help draw out any remaining moisture.
5. Transfer the device to a sealed, dry container of silica gel packets and leave for another 48 hours.
6. After this time, try powering on the iPhone. If it still isn’t functioning correctly, you may need to take it to a certified technician for further repairs.
What are the signs of water damage on iPhone 11?
Including corrosion or discoloration around the SIM card slot, charging port, volume buttons, or mute switch; water entering the device; audio issues from the speaker, microphone, or headphone jack; touchscreen issues, such as the screen becoming unresponsive to touch; and physical damage to the display or buttons.
Additionally, a common sign of water damage is water spots or streaking under the glass on the back of the phone. If any of these signs is noticed, it is important to seek professional help as soon as possible to prevent further damage.